Year 3/4/5 Reading Clubs
Children from year 3 and 4 have been invited to Reading Club on Mondays or Tuesdays with Miss Cartin.
Children from Year 5 can attend Miss Bruen's Reading Club on Mondays
Clubs will run from 3:15 - 4:15 and will continue throughout the year until we have completed each book.
On Mondays we are reading ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone’ and on Tuesdays we are reading ‘How to train your dragon’.
In each session we spend time reading the book together, sharing our opinions and discussing the different characters. We also make time for some independent reading. To conclude each session the children complete a variety of exciting activities based on the book.
We encourage parents to join us and share the love of reading with the children.
Reception Reading Club
- Sit down, relax and share a book from the library at school with your child or other families.
- Bring your favourite book from home to share with others if you want to.
- Take the chance to read your child’s home reader and write in their reading diary if you wish.
- Talk with other parents, carers or the teacher about reading tips, hints, concerns, successes or favourite stories.
- Enjoy the 1:1 time with your child and a calm start to the day.
We look forward to reading with you!