A Guide for Parents
At St John’s, we believe that pupils' attendance and punctuality are extremely important. We are committed to raising standards; this can only be done if the school and parents work in partnership and parents ensure that their children attend regularly and on time.
If attendance is an issue then we will be forced to refer your case to the local authority Attendance Team.
How Can We Help?
We will phone you when your child is absent.
We will offer rewards and incentives for good attendance and punctuality. These include:
- Weekly raffle draws for 100% attenders
- Class piggy banks
- Attendance stickers
- Termly attendance assemblies
How Can You Help?
- Ensure your child attends school every day.
- Inform school on the first day of any absence.
- When your child returns to school, send in a note with the reason for absence.
- Whenever possible make dentist and doctor appointments after school.
- Book family breaks during school holidays.
Please Do Not
- Take your child shopping during the school day
- Treat them to a day off for their birthday
If your child is worried about coming to school please let us know.
We will work together to overcome any problems and help your child to enjoy coming to school.